Welcome New Members,
Congratulations on choosing to join one of the best Men’s Clubs in the Denver Metro area! Wellshire Men’s Golf Club (WMGC) is dedicated to promoting a fair and competitive golfing experience, while offering social events for fellowship. We offer a variety of tournaments each year including our premier event, the Club Championship. Our tournament player’s membership includes 2 banquets during the Spring and Fall seasons. Below are the following new members’ guidelines.
One aspect of the fair and competitive approach the WMGC aspires to are our guidelines for New Members establishing their WMGC handicap.
WMGC designates an active handicap committee for maintaining accurate handicaps for its members. The committee uses a variety of tools and resources to review and evaluate individual handicaps on an ongoing basis for fair and competitive tournament play. In doing so, the handicap committee has implemented the following guidelines for New Members to establish a WMGC handicap.
General Guideline: Before a New Member can compete for prize money in net events, the New Member must have a minimum of 5 current year rounds played at the Wellshire Golf Course, of which 2 are WMGC tournaments. This rule applies even if the New Member has an established GHIN and tournament scores from CGA events or another men’s club.
To assist with meeting our guidelines:
- Pay your dues as soon as possible for the 2018 Tournament Players membership. Your GHIN will be active for posting beginning March 15, 2018.
- Save signed and attested score cards from casual rounds played at Wellshire Golf Course during the 2018 season. Place these score cards in the 8 ½ x 11 envelope marked “Wellshire Men’s Golf Club” tacked onto the WMGC bulletin board located next to the GHIN computer. These rounds can count towards the 5 required rounds. These score cards will be posted by the Handicap committee, and reflect toward your GHIN after the first CGA revision on March 15th.
- There are several methods for New Members to play in WMGC tournaments:
- A New Member may enter a net stroke play tournament and only pay our green fees of $42. The New Member is not contributing to the prize pool, therefore not eligible for prize money.
- A New Member may enter a stroke play tournament, pay our green fees of $42, and pay the $10 fee to enter the gross skins prize pool.
- A New Member may enter a net stroke play tournament as a scratch (zero handicap), pay the entire entry fee, and play for prize money as a 0 handicap.
- No matter what choice is made (1, 2, or 3), a New Member will be eligible for our Closest to The Pin contest on par 3’s. This prize is paid through our club funds, making anyone who participates in the tournament eligible for this prize money.
To accommodate meeting the WMGC New Member guidelines as quickly as possible, the Tournament Director has scheduled the first 4 WMGC events as net stroke play tournaments
The WMGC makes every attempt to welcome, include, and involve our new members. With this in mind, a new member round is scheduled for March 24th where new members can come out and play Wellshire with a member of the WMGC Board.
Match play tournaments: New Members must have an established WMGC handicap to compete in our season long match play tournaments. New Members may sign up for match play prior to establishing a WMGC handicap. However, if a handicap has not been established prior to the opening day of match play, then the new Member’s dues for match play shall be refunded.
Calcutta event and tournament: One of our most popular tournaments is an ABCD scramble with Calcutta wagering prior to the tournament. A New Member must have a WMGC established handicap prior to May 1st to be eligible to enter this tournament. A waiver may be granted if the New Member’s 2nd required WMGC tournament is the May 05, 2018 tournament, and based on the evaluation of the current year’s scores.
In event a New Member has paid their membership dues and chooses to decline membership due to objection of our New Member guideline, all dues shall be refunded in full and your handicap will be de-activated. Note: If a New Member objects but still desires to pay for an active handicap, the WMGC will refund the dues minus the Associate member handicap fee.
Please go to our website wmgc2018registration.golfgenius.com and select “Event Registration for completing a membership registration..
Wellshire Men’s Golf Club
Wellshire Men's Golf Club
2018 New Member's Letter